Egg/dairy free birthday cake....where to buy??...NW London

Options
I live in NW London(Harrow) and looking to buy an egg/dairy free birthday cake ,vanilla sponge with icing.Does anyone know where i can buy one at a reasonable price?Have been quoted 10" for £45 and thats for a simple design!!!Need the cake within the next 2 weeks.Thankyou

Comments

• code-a-holic
    code-a-holic Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    Live in Wales so can't help with where to buy but that price is actually really cheap for the size cake and being dairy free. The baker will be on abut £3 a hour to put that together at that price!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    OP, remember that egg & dairy free ingredients will be more costly than regular ones, and I agree, £45 for a 10" decorated is a good price.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • rinol
    rinol Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Ok.....but i did purchase the same cake last year for 35!Just surprise its gone up £10!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I have noticed the price of ordinary ingredients & fondant going up, along with the cost of fuel over the last 12 months. £35 last year was a VERY good price!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you tried Ms Cupcake in Brixton or the Blue Lotus bakery online - we have had several delivered by post and have been happy with the quality and cost.

If you do a search for vegan cakes then more may come up

hth
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • dory22
    dory22 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    try the vegan food groups on fb and things, you may be able to get one made for you. :)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry I came to this thread so late. The Pantry does eggless cakes, there is one in Wembley and one in Kingsbury. I don't often buy their cakes, but I do for celebrations. Bought a huge cake for a significant birthday a couple of years ago, to feed over 100. Cost £80 or so IIRC.

It was served with several desserts when everyone was stuffed senseless and it disappeared fast. Thank goodness we had the sense to stash a good chunk of it to enjoy with tea the next evening. :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure