Successfully Settled Accounts

Options
Hi there,
I was just checking my credit report and I have the following negative factor: "You have no successfully settled credit accounts".

I have 3 credit cards.
I use 2 of them but pay the balance off in full every single month.
If I close the one that I use will this improve my credit score?

I have a positive factor: "The usage of your available credit indicates a lower risk". I was wondering that if I cancel the card I do not use will this positive factor be affected as I will have less available credit.

Comments

• happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    probably, although you don't have a score, its a made up number that no lender ever sees.

Each lender has their own criteria on who they want to lend to.

I wouldn't just close it for no reason. Maybe a few months before you want credit to give your report time to show it as settled.
    :beer:
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To successfully close an account. You would need to open a credit account with a fixed term , i.e. a personal loan. Credit cards are pretty meaningless as the balance could be zero. Yet the account could return to the maximum limit in 10 seconds of spending.
  • SootyUK
    SootyUK Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    To successfully close an account. You would need to open a credit account with a fixed term , i.e. a personal loan. Credit cards are pretty meaningless as the balance could be zero. Yet the account could return to the maximum limit in 10 seconds of spending.

Thank's... Like I say I always pay them off and most of the time there is no balance on any of them. I guess lenders would take that into consideration more than "no successfully settled accounts", I've not had any late or missed payments either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure