Bad service from bus hire company and no response to complaints

Options
I got married in July and we hired an old routemaster to take us from the ceremony to the reception, to cut a long story short the service we recieved was awful, the staff were rude and surly and on the way back the bus driver lurched the bus while everyone was getting off and knocked many people over in the process, including children and a pregnant woman!
Anyway I have sent them a long letter outlining my complaints and attached photos of the injuries I and various other guests recieved but have recieved no response, my dad has tried to talk to them on the telephone but the owner of the company refuses to talk to him (it is a very small company). We have recieved no acknowledgement that the service was not up to scratch or even that they would look into it for us. I'm so upset about this as it really tainted the day especially ending with me being flung down the bus aisle in my wedding dress and carrying my crying niece back to my parents! I don't really know what the next step is, is there an ombudsman for this kind of service?

Comments

• LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got married in July and we hired an old routemaster to take us from the ceremony to the reception, to cut a long story short the service we recieved was awful, the staff were rude and surly and on the way back the bus driver lurched the bus while everyone was getting off and knocked many people over in the process, including children and a pregnant woman!
    Anyway I have sent them a long letter outlining my complaints and attached photos of the injuries I and various other guests recieved but have recieved no response, my dad has tried to talk to them on the telephone but the owner of the company refuses to talk to him (it is a very small company). We have recieved no acknowledgement that the service was not up to scratch or even that they would look into it for us. I'm so upset about this as it really tainted the day especially ending with me being flung down the bus aisle in my wedding dress and carrying my crying niece back to my parents! I don't really know what the next step is, is there an ombudsman for this kind of service?

The next step in what? Receiving acknowledgement that the service wasn't perfect? Seeking partial reimbursement of the money you paid? Seeking compensation for injuries? Something else?

Tell us what you hope to achieve and someone might be able to advise you.
  • browneyedbazzi
    Options
    Did you letter just tell them that you were not happy with the service as feedback or did you request a response and tell them what they could do to make you happy (ie a partial refund, compensate for damages if any were sustained)?

If you just wrote saying 'we're weren't happy' but didn't say that you expect them to do something about it then they may have just taken it as feedback and not felt a response/action was necessary.
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure