Bought deal from KGB deals - company did not turn up as arranged

Options
Bought a two deals from KGB deals and arranged with the company to carry out the work last Saturday afternoon.

They stated they would confirm a week before - which they did by text and they would inform me half an hour before they arrived on the day arranged.

I received a call stating that was them about to leave 11.50am
I waited and waited - nothing.

I text and phoned them - no reply/answer

I e-mailed them, reply came back stating they were all working away (in my home town) and would not be back until 20th and would reply within 3 days.

I also e-mailed KGB, who replied stating they had contacted the company on my behalf thanking me for my patience (!!)

All this was 7 days ago, and I have heard nothing from anyone.

Am I being too impatient ? and what else can I do ?
Looking forward to the day I have nothing left to list on eBay

Comments

• keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    What was it for?
    Give them a call and rearrange again and if not get the refund from KGB, you could do that now if you wished and lost all confidence. Keep a record of all comms
  • goodmorningsunshine
    Options
    It was for a complete house "gutter clean" from a company called "Absolute Cleaning Services"

and no, I can't phone them as everything is dealt with by
    e-mail.

I had to wait 6 weeks for this - which was not mentioned when buying the voucher - but went with it.

Then you could only make an appointment through e-mails, not by phone. Anybody hearing alarm bells - yet?

Then they told you, they would confirm your appointment date - did not, had to chase them up - Anybody hearing the alarm bell yet?

and confirm one week before appointment day - which they actually done !!

and would phone and let you know they were on their way - which they did - only they "forgot" to arrive or phone again when they could'nt keep the appointment.

KGB deals replied to me tonight and they have deposited my monies into an account for me.

Think I will ever buy another deal from them? - not likely !!!!

Would be interested to hear if anyone had either work carried out by them or have had the same hassle I have had from them?
    Looking forward to the day I have nothing left to list on eBay
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Id go for the refund then based on that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts