Noddle vs Other Agencies

Options
Hi all,

I know Noddle is run by CallCredit, but whilst currently pursuing reports from the other agencies, is the Noddle report considered reliable enough to form the basis of a financial application?

I ask as I've been able to query and have a few elements removed from my Noddle report, but whilst waiting for the other reports I wonder if they'll automatically update the other credit agencies - I want to ensure it's consistent across all of them obviously.

Thanks in advice!
Outstanding Debt as of Sept 13 - NONE!
Deposit Saved - £6k (/£20k)

Comments

• Hazzinho
    Hazzinho Posts: 742 Forumite
    Options
    Best to check all three, they could be the same or very different. Get the £2 reports, the score is pointless.
  • $"£!$&^*"$!&*(
    Options
    Hey hallsy85.

I use checkmyfile.com, updates every month and shows you everything from all lenders.

You can get a free trial. Go through cash back site for cash back.

Hope it helps you as much as it has me.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nathanp wrote: »
    I use checkmyfile.com, updates every month and shows you everything from all lenders.
    No it doesn't. To see what it doesn't show you (particularly from Experian), read the T&Cs and help files on their website. :)
  • $"£!$&^*"$!&*(
    Options
    No it doesn't. To see what it doesn't show you (particularly from Experian), read the T&Cs and help files on their website. :)

Whilst that might be true, simply offering my suggestion to the OP on ways to see information across the board.
  • Hazzinho
    Hazzinho Posts: 742 Forumite
    Options
    Whilst that might be true, simply offering my suggestion to the OP on ways to see information across the board.

I have to agree avoid checkmyfile, the best place to check is directly with the agencies.
  • $"£!$&^*"$!&*(
    Options
    Information gathered by checkmyfile is derived from the agencies. You can get a free trial. Don't see what the drama is about?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Hazzinho wrote: »
    I have to agree avoid checkmyfile, the best place to check is directly with the agencies.
    Even checkmyfile themselves agree!...
    You acknowledge that a credit report from us, whether in online format or printable format, is not the same either in content or format as the credit report you would receive, either if you exercise your statutory rights to obtain a copy of your credit report from any credit reference agency at any time upon payment of the statutory fee of £2
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Information gathered by checkmyfile is derived from the agencies.
    But Experian don't tell checkmyfile everything they know about you.
    Don't see what the drama is about?
    You made an incorrect assertion. :)

You said it showed you "everything". It doesn't, particularly from Experian. As you'd see if you read the T&Cs and other information on their website. Just trying to stop the OP wasting money. Far better (for both you and the OP) to go directly to the CRAs...getting either free trials/free for life or £2 statutory reports.
  • $"£!$&^*"$!&*(
    Options
    Well thanks for that clarification.

However I will still recommend the site as a basis to view "most" information from the agencies in one place. I don't know if you have actually used the site or not but it does give detailed breakdowns of credit history from many years ago which is great as I said to view in one place (amongst other things)

And as I said, you can get a free trial for 30 days. Yes you can go directly that is why there is choice.

Completely accept your point though. And I guess the choice is the OP's. But just clarifying for other peoples benefit :)
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    But Experian don't tell checkmyfile everything they know about you.You made an incorrect assertion. :)

You said it showed you "everything". It doesn't, particularly from Experian. As you'd see if you read the T&Cs and other information on their website. Just trying to stop the OP wasting money. Far better (for both you and the OP) to go directly to the CRAs...getting either free trials/free for life or £2 statutory reports.

I agree and would go one further YB. From the checkmyfile t&c's (15).....
    “For example, we do not provide account information from Experian.”
    I wonder what they mean by “account information”. Do they mean that they don't get a feed from Experian at all? Or do they mean that they get some info like address, electoral role etc, but nothing about bank / telephone / credit card / mortgage etc. Either way, useless to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure