HELP- Holiday Nightmare

Options
I recently purchased a voucher from wowcher for 2 nights away with flights.

This was all quite exciting as I've never been abroad or on a plane for that matter. However today I got the call from the travel company to arrange it and its been a terrifying nightmare!

First off the company barely speak a word of English which made it very hard to understand them. Then they starting tell me I needed to pay for luggage and transfers and so they needed my credit card details. When I declined to give them they got very aggressive and demanding about them and so I hung up.

This has been a truly awful experience and I really dont want to continue with this now. I don't trust the company and feel incredibly ripped off and disappointed by all of this.

So obviously here I want a refund however it mentions that refunds are not meant to be given! On the other hand it never said I would need to give my credit card details to an Indian company over the phone and pay for all these extras!

Can Anyone here help me out? Give me any advice on how to get a refund here? Are there any laws that can help me?

Kind regards,
Dec

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think you will get a refund, simply because you changed your mind to be honest.

Did you read all the terms and conditions of the holiday before you bought it from Wowcher.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Dappleyard
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    I don't think you will get a refund, simply because you changed your mind to be honest.

Did you read all the terms and conditions of the holiday before you bought it from Wowcher.

Would you not consider my reasons for changing my minds justified ?
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    Do you need luggage and transfers or are you arranging them yourself? Have you booked specific dates, and do you know the name of the travel agent? Also when did you buy the deal?
  • Dappleyard
    Options
    tomtontom wrote: »
    Do you need luggage and transfers or are you arranging them yourself? Have you booked specific dates, and do you know the name of the travel agent? Also when did you buy the deal?

I need luggage (I was wrong in assuming this would be included it seems) and I don't think I need transfers. I really dont know though to be honest I have never been abroad :/

I was never told the travel agent I would have to book with. It turned out to be KPX travel. I was given the chance to choose 3 different dates and then they'd give me one of them. The

However no flights have been booked for me nor a destination yet as such. It was part of a deal whereby you pay £119 (normally £89 but I paid extra for Friday flights) and you get 2 nights and flights to a random european city. Was meant to be adventurous but not like this
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    If no flights etc have been booked then assuming you bought the voucher in the past fourteen days you can cancel it. In future though you need to do your research before buying, the listing said it was hand luggage only and named the agent (who have countless bad reviews).

You should contact Wowcher regarding the refund.
  • debbie6899
    Options
    I remember the deal and it did state that it didn't include luggage or transfers, this is what put me off booking it. You should be able to manage with hand luggage for 2 days so no need for hold luggage but I would book transfers though if you do decide to go. Good luck either way.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If you are only going for 3 days you do not need luggage, you can manage perfectly well with hand luggage for a week or more, as long as you decant toiletries into small bottles.

To be honest it sounds like an odd choice if you've never been abroad - do you have a passport?

If it's a random city it may be worth paying for transfers for peace of mind. However, pick some random cities and look on Easyjet or Ryanair - they all give you info on how to get to city centrs with public transport. Live a little and go for it :T (I assume they tell you where you're going once you've booked and don't blindfold you and put headphones on at the airport :D) .
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some airports are miles away from the city's they take their name from (like London Gatwick) so a transfer may well be very necessary unless you want to deal with convoluted public transport and potentially overpriced taxis.
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    You could of got it far cheaper than that for any european city
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 August 2014 at 11:42PM
    Options
    Dappleyard wrote: »
    I recently purchased a voucher from wowcher for 2 nights away with flights.

This was all quite exciting as I've never been abroad or on a plane for that matter. However today I got the call from the travel company to arrange it and its been a terrifying nightmare!

First off the company barely speak a word of English which made it very hard to understand them. Then they starting tell me I needed to pay for luggage and transfers and so they needed my credit card details. When I declined to give them they got very aggressive and demanding about them and so I hung up.

This has been a truly awful experience and I really dont want to continue with this now. I don't trust the company and feel incredibly ripped off and disappointed by all of this.

So obviously here I want a refund however it mentions that refunds are not meant to be given! On the other hand it never said I would need to give my credit card details to an Indian company over the phone and pay for all these extras!

Can Anyone here help me out? Give me any advice on how to get a refund here? Are there any laws that can help me?

Kind regards,
    Dec

They may be Indian but they appear to be based in Surbiton.

Wowcher have a facebook page- why not post there?
    You need to make sure you've got decent flight times too or you could find it a very short break according to some other reviews ..presumably you know where you are going?? You don't need luggage but you do need to know more info about getting from the airport to your hotel , without paying for their transfers, but if it's late night early morning your options may be limited.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure