Faulty Mobile, Advice?

Options
Good morning all,

I brought a note 3 sim free from Handtec on the 26th July, immediately there were issues. Straight away it required massive updates that actually bricked the phone and it needed to be reset through samsungs own desktop software in order to use it, and every time it's updated or received new software alerts the same happens.

A Few days later I noticed at my signal was pretty rubbish pretty much constantly so I set up a little test. Went over my aunts (all on EE, same as myself, 5 handsets in house of which 4 are Samsung and one nokia) and checked my signal against her families. All of them had HSPDA signal of 3-4 bars or 5 bars of 3G.....I had....no bars of anything!

Checked my settings and called handtec who advised me to call EE and ask if there was any issues which I did, EE stated no network problems and to contact Samsung support. Called Samsung and they told me to factory reset the phone which I did, no change to the signal issues, so they completed a diagnostic on the phone which came up with a few errors relating to signal loss, but nothing they classify as faulty.

Then emailed handtec requesting return authorisation, keep in mind I'm on call a lot and I missed 4 calls the other night because my phone had no signal, boss was not impressed.

Handtec informed me that I am only entitled to a exchange for the same device as it is faulty after 14 days. I quoted their terms and conditions which state:

1.3.3 Handtec 30 Day Returns Policy
Handtec operate a 30 days return policy, this allows customers who have a faulty item to have the item returned to us for refund and in most cases replacement. This policy does not affect nor incorporate the 7 days distance selling regulations policy.

A Customer whose device is faulty within the first 30 days after receipt will have the right to have their item returned for replacement or refund; Handtec require customers to ensure their return is authorised by our customer service team, this will require the Customer sending an email to our Customer Services team to identify the reason for return and the required action, after 7 days the outcome of this return underthe 30 day returns policy will be at the discretion of the Customer service team. After the return has been agreed a returns reference will be provided and you will be advised on how to return the item to us, all shipping and returns information will be supplied by our Customer Services Team. Any returns that are sent to Handtec without the knowledge or authorisation of the customer services team may be rejected.

All items returned within this 30 day Returns Policy will be required to adhere to our standard returns policy. The item will have to be confirmed faulty to be eligible for a replacement or refund, the item will not be covered under this policy should any of the points mentioned in 4.3.2 be applicable to this return.
Should Handtec be unable to confirm a fault the item will be forwarded to the Manufacturer for assessment and subject to the outcome of this a replacement or repaired item will be returned to the consumer.
In the event a refund is required for this faulty item it would be subject to the same checks as mentioned in point 4.3.2 and Handtec will require the packaging to be in a suitable condition.

Suffice to say I am unsure how to proceed. This cost me near on £500 of my own money and Handtec it least in my view are attempting to deny the rights they have set in black and white and state I only have right to return for repair or replacement of identical model despite it being below the 30 return time, and have not responded to the past 2 emails I have sent.

Could you advice where to go from here? As at this rate I have a feeling it may take a while.

Cheers all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport