Problem with Jetparks @ Stanstead

Options
My partner and I are due to go away on the 30-08-2014 via ryanair at stanstead and booked parking via ryanair and subsequently jetparks but have since had our car stolen and will not need the parking.

We have both spoken to both companies concerned and are being passed back and forth.

Ryan air say although we booked via them it is with a third party so they are responsible and vice-versa.

Ryanairs website states the same but jetparks own website and t&c's actually say that we can have a refund, minus a £7.50 fee.

I've brought this up with them and they are ignoring it and refusing to refund the money...

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sermus wrote: »
    My partner and I are due to go away on the 30-08-2014 via ryanair at stanstead and booked parking via ryanair and subsequently jetparks but have since had our car stolen and will not need the parking.

We have both spoken to both companies concerned and are being passed back and forth.

Ryan air say although we booked via them it is with a third party so they are responsible and vice-versa.

Ryanairs website states the same but jetparks own website and t&c's actually say that we can have a refund, minus a £7.50 fee.

I've brought this up with them and they are ignoring it and refusing to refund the money...

Is there anything I can do?
    Your post isn't as clear as it could be... is it Jetparks or Ryanair who are refusing the refund?

What does 'their' cancellation policy say?
    It is possible that contractually you are not entitled to a refund... after all neither Jetparks or Ryanair are responsible for the theft of your car.

Have 'they' refused a refund, or are they just taking their time over it?

Have you read MSE's How to Complain article?
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Claim on your insurance, either one should be fine.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Did anyone else read the thread title and think "Jetpacks? Ooh!" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business