Carlsberg Draught master

Options
My apologies, if i have posted this in the wrong place.
Advise needed please.

We purchased a Carlsberg Draught Master for my Husband a few years back, and like most things it gets put to the back of the cupboard. We have only used this twice, and decided to buy a keg for it. The problem we have is that Carlsberg have discountinued selling them, is there anything we can do about it, or is it a case of chucking it away. Could I request a refund from Carlsberg, for the Machine.

Thanks
janne

Comments

• daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Is your draught master;

1. Not fit for purpose?

2. Not as described?

2. inherently faulty?

Answer yes to any and then you have a problem.

Answer no to all three and no resolution will be given. You could possibly get a goodwill gesture but that is all it would be, so speak to the company who sold you it.

Also, it doesn't matter what you have done with the item over the years but you've had use o it and as such you would never be entitled to a full refund.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try Ebay for the keg .
    Or home brew forums .
  • josenrab
    josenrab Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies.

It is no longer fit for purpose,because they have discontinued to make/supply kegs for them, so now cannot use :)

Any that would be available, would now be past there use by date.

So the only real thing to do with it now would be to throw away :(

Thanks
    Joanne
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    edited 20 August 2014 at 1:05PM
    Options
    josenrab wrote: »
    Thank you both for your replies.

It is no longer fit for purpose,because they have discontinued to make/supply kegs for them, so now cannot use :)

Any that would be available, would now be past there use by date.

So the only real thing to do with it now would be to throw away :(

Thanks
    Joanne

It was fit for purpose.

The fact you chose not to use it for 'a few years' does not make it 'not fit for purpose'

According to my quick research it was discontinued as far back as 2010, and the remaining kegs they sold off cheaply with sell by dates of 2013. If I am correct in my (admittedly brief) research, then theyve been more than fair. Some people complained in 2010 and got a lot of free kegs for it being discontinued. I doubt you'll get anything now.

Edit: Actually it looks like it was discontinued in 2009. So you've had it at least 5 years? And now want a refund?
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've got a similar problem with my VHS video recorder. Can't get any of the new movies on video!
    Sharp wouldn't give me a refund though.
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Reminds me of a customer who complained that after 8 years vacuum bags were no longer available for their hoover at their local supermarket and wanted to return it for a full refund.

Unless there was any promise/ guarantee of kegs being available for a set period of time and this has been breached then you have no action against them. No manufacturer makes something with the promise that parts will be available forever.

I imagine some searching may come up with some solutions depending on how the device really worked.
  • gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I've got a similar problem with my VHS video recorder. Can't get any of the new movies on video!
    Sharp wouldn't give me a refund though.

That's not a real problem! You should try getting a movie for my Betamax player! It cost me £600+ some 35 years ago. I think the last film I got was Towering Inferno....or was it Tors, Tora Tora?
    Please ignore this post young un's! :p
  • josenrab
    Options
    I purchased this Oct 2012 from Comet, so the product is not even two years old, I paid full price, this is why I asked if I could do anthing about it. I was unaware that this product was discountinued and only found out when trying to purchase the kegs this week .

thanks anyway
  • gik
    gik Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    Comet is long gone...how do did you pay for it?

By the way there are people who were struggling to get the kegs before 2010.
  • josenrab
    Options
    yes i think Comet went not long after, I think I paid with my debit card,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business