Student house contents insurance

DD sharing with 3 others. Do they need a joint policy or individual ones?

It's fully furnished so I am assuming it will just be for their personal belongings?
:) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)

Comments

• I always had my own individual policy whilst at university, it also covered me when I was transporting my belongings to/from university at the start/end of each term, as well as for carrying around personal possessions such as my laptop.
  • Poppy9 wrote: »
    DD sharing with 3 others. Do they need a joint policy or individual ones?

It's fully furnished so I am assuming it will just be for their personal belongings?

If they have locks on their rooms they can have their own insurance policy covering things solely in their room.

Neither of my 2 offspring took out contents insurance in their uni houses as they were already covered in our home contents policy so its worth checking your policy to see whether they will be covered , or for a small premium, whether they can be covered for items away from the home.
  • mtbbuxton
    mtbbuxton Posts: 332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We took out a policy with https://www.cover4students.com/ It's more flexible than an extension of our own policy and as we chose the Comprehensive cover, it also has added benefits. The Company seem to get good reviews too and are one of those most often used by Halls of Residence providers.

M x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport