Completing Claim Form - advice needed

I have PPI on a credit card from Feb 1998 and when I contacted the bank they asked for their claim form to be completed which is asking for information on my husband's job, my sick leave and any pay I may have received during that particular employment period, mortgage info, savings info to name but a few.

Does this information have any bearing on PPI or is this part of a delaying tactic; please advise.

Comments

• Yes, it has a bearing on your complaint, no, it's not a delaying tactic.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you're claiming that you didn't need the insurance as you had adequate cover elsewhere, they are asking you to prove it.

Otherwise they may just be assessing whether you had any need for it - if you could not pay your bills if you lost your job or were off on long term sick then if the PPI would have paid out they may argue it was not mis-sold.

Just fill in the details and send it off, ring old employers if needs be

Hopefully if you were mis-sold you will get your money back, if not, then be glad you had no need to claim on it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Although the Banks have used "delaying tactics" in the past (specifically when bank charges were being claimed back prior to the court case), there are no such procedures with regard PPI complaints. The Bank has eight weeks in which to consider and investigate your complaint. I suggest you allow them this time and co-operate fully with any requests for information not in your original complaint.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Does this information have any bearing on PPI or is this part of a delaying tactic; please advise.

As others have said above, it is important information that can influence the outcome. It really depends on your complaint reasons. If they are weak/unprovable, then they have to look at the overall position and see if the plan was suitable for your circumstances.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure