IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Vs Barry Beavis & Martin Wardley

Options

Comments

• BenefitMaster
    Options
    You might think so - I couldn't possibly comment ;-)
  • deflated
    Options
    Miss Proverbs was definitely there as was i but i have only just found out that beavis is yet to be concluded and no, no one mentioned to her that information or that the appeal is set for febuary next year the judge couldnt get her out fast enough like she was wasting his time ,whole case contridicts anything that has gone before for years.
  • BenefitMaster
    Options
    deflated wrote: »
    Miss Proverbs was definitely there as was i but i have only just found out that beavis is yet to be concluded and no, no one mentioned to her that information or that the appeal is set for febuary next year the judge couldnt get her out fast enough like she was wasting his time ,whole case contridicts anything that has gone before for years.

In which case, it is essential that you get in touch with Parking Prankster, who has a network of people who may well be able to assist with both appealing and winning against PE. Especially if the Solicitor for PE didn't tell the judge that Beavis is at appeal.

Interest declared, I'm one of them, but don't cover Derby.
  • deflated
    Options
    I have a feeling she might have had enough of Englands biased and crooked legal system although thats what this dreadful morally corrupt company thrives on,we will see.
  • deflated
    Options
    Benefit master, dont suppose for legal reasons we are allowed to name and shame names of people withholding such evidence in one of our great revered courts?
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    The court is open session so you can report truthfully on the facts, which will include names and what was or was not said
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 November 2014 at 1:10AM
    Options
    You can say who the LPC rep (PE's legal person) was. They should be ashamed and the LPC should be reported to the SRA.

Such a shame neither of you thought to actually read a few forums or look into the Beavis case which would have been all over their evidence pack you got a copy of, beforehand. ANY parking forum would have told you about the Beavis Court of Appeal case in seconds - the case is famous/infamous and unsafe to rely upon because it's certainly not over. You really missed a trick, very expensive lesson (I would not blame the court if neither you nor the PLPC rep mentioned the Court of Appeal).

Ms Proverbs could write to the Judge first thing Monday, and tell them the LPC rep appears to have withheld information (spell it out, tell the Judge what you have discovered after being railroaded by PE's rep who comes from a legal firm which DOES know about the Court of Appeal situation but did not inform the Court) and as such, does the judgment stand... she will probably be ignored but in small claims anything goes, and the Judge might be !!!!ed off to hear about this...and if they get your letter before they issue the Order...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Would it be to the discretion of the judge if they took into account the COA appeal?
    HHJ Maloney's is an actual judgement at a higher court, the appeal has not been heard to overrule that judgement.
    I can see why some judges are holding some cases, but do they have too?

However if PE are using Beavis then they should also be informing the court that although they are relying on it, it is listed for appeal. Besides which unless PE are paying for this particular car park then the commercial justification HHJ Malonoy ruled on is not relevant surely.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    Would it be to the discretion of the judge if they took into account the COA appeal?
    HHJ Maloney's is an actual judgement at a higher court, the appeal has not been heard to overrule that judgement.
    I can see why some judges are holding some cases, but do they have too?

However if PE are using Beavis then they should also be informing the court that although they are relying on it, it is listed for appeal. Besides which unless PE are paying for this particular car park then the commercial justification HHJ Malonoy ruled on is not relevant surely.
    Moloney's original Judgment was NOT from a higher court, it was a small claims case like any other, so is not binding on other cases. The only difference is that the first instance hearing was heard by a senior Judge, so it may be regarded as persuasive.

As regards the payment PE make for that car park, it's really not much different from the common situation where a PPC pays the landowner a kickback from each paid ticket; except in this instance the 'commission' is fixed and paid upfront.

The LPC Law advocates, who are either solicitors themselves or working under the supervision of a solicitor, do have a duty to the Court, and should make the Court aware of the fact of the appeal. A Judge then has the option to hear the case on the day, and if he decides in favour of the claimant can suspend enforcement until after the appeal, or could decide to stay the matter until after the appeal has been decided.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    HHJ Maloney is a small claim judgment, not a higher court.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport