Everyday Loans on my credit file

Options
FirstOne
FirstOne Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 12 August 2014 at 2:13PM in Credit file & ratings
I have received my £2 credit report from Equifax and under Associate Information it shows my wife names and a source Everyday Loans Ltd. This information was last updated and created on 10/11/2007 on my credit file . On my wife's credit report from Equifax it shows my name and again Everyday Loans, again with the same creation and last updated date. We have no idea who Everyday Loans are and we are very lucky that we do not have any loans at all or credit cards as we finished an IVA over 18 months ago and are playing life very carefully. Even before or even when we were on the IVA we did not have any association with Everyday Loans. The only financial connection between me and my wife is that we hold a joint back account with the Co-Op. I have asked Equifax more than once and so has my wife to remove the Everyday Loans details but without success. Today I received an update copy and once more it is still on there. Anyone else had the same experience ?

I signed up to Noddle and there is no reference at all of Everyday Loans but as we all know most companies look at Equifax or Experian so I am busy trying to clean up our credit file and would welcome any advice - thanks

Just to let you all know that for £30 a year Noddle will give you the same service to improve our credit rating. Quite a saving since Equifax £9.95 and Experian are £14.99 a month after your 30 day free trial of course..

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    It just shows in associate information linking you and your partner together?
    But doesn't show a credit account or a credit application search?

If not then I really wouldn't worry about it.
    A link like that would usually be created if you applied for a joint credit product but didn't actually ever open an account (and any search from 2007 would have dropped off a long time ago).
    It won't actually impact on your ability to get accepted for credit.

If this is the only financial association between you and your wife (no joint accounts/mortgage etc), and if you wanted to financially disassociate from each other on your credit files then this old link would not prevent you from doing so.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • FirstOne
    Options
    Thank you for your prompt reply Tixy I really appreciate it. You are correct it doesn't show a credit account or a credit application search. The only joint account I have with my wife is a bank account so I guess it remains on our file and now I understand why. Thank you for the clarification
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure