We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Tenancy Deposit Return
R.rees.11
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hope you can help me...
I'm a student who's tenancy has recently ended in a shared house. The landlord has come forward with what he wants to take out of the £1500 deposit... I'm feeling a bit conned and want to know whether he is allowed to claim money for the following things:
1 Waste and personal property taken to Household Waste site;
5 instances on check-out report including stack of plastic crates
£15.00
NOTE Slow-cooker, jug-kettle and large Next rug retained pending disposal shortly.
2 Cleaning (excluding carpets, windows and oven); 15 items on check-out report
as Josiah Salter invoice attached
£24.75
3 Carpet cleaning; Excel invoice attached
£108.00
4 Professional oven cleaning; part Ovenglo charge only (invoice to follow)
£10.00
5 Window cleaning; Green Collar invoice attached
£28.00
6 Damage to kitchen worktop: contribution to replacement
£15.00
7 Garden work; as Josiah Salter invoice
£13.50
Total £214.25
We were also not provided with any gardening equipment for maintenance, so am I still obliged to pay out for the gardening?
Can I dispute any of the above?
Thanks
I'm a student who's tenancy has recently ended in a shared house. The landlord has come forward with what he wants to take out of the £1500 deposit... I'm feeling a bit conned and want to know whether he is allowed to claim money for the following things:
1 Waste and personal property taken to Household Waste site;
5 instances on check-out report including stack of plastic crates
£15.00
NOTE Slow-cooker, jug-kettle and large Next rug retained pending disposal shortly.
2 Cleaning (excluding carpets, windows and oven); 15 items on check-out report
as Josiah Salter invoice attached
£24.75
3 Carpet cleaning; Excel invoice attached
£108.00
4 Professional oven cleaning; part Ovenglo charge only (invoice to follow)
£10.00
5 Window cleaning; Green Collar invoice attached
£28.00
6 Damage to kitchen worktop: contribution to replacement
£15.00
7 Garden work; as Josiah Salter invoice
£13.50
Total £214.25
We were also not provided with any gardening equipment for maintenance, so am I still obliged to pay out for the gardening?
Can I dispute any of the above?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
You could argue some of the bits like the gardening work but is it really worth it (I know it may be a case of the principle of the thing) for £13:50 ????
I think all the other points are reasonable enough. Few hours with some cleaning products could have sorted this yourself but considering all he's charged for it, I think you did pretty well out of it personally !!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards