Freeman Jones + PPI Claim

Options
Hi all,

I entered into an IVA in Nov 2008 and successfully completed all the IVA payments (including a break in the middle when I lost my job)

I was told due to the PPI being missold I would have to introduce it into my IVA to my creditors and I agreed as Freeman Jones had been spot on with me throughout the whole period.

I was then contacted stating that there had been a slight change in the rules etc surrounding IVA/PPI and I would be able to either accept a figure of £295.00 (which is the statutory Interest applied to the PPI) OR I could request the creditors to refund me the whole lot which would be something like £1200. But I would need to keep my IVA open for this to happen.

This was in April and was told paperwork would be sent within 6-8 weeks but I still haven't heard anything - I have contacted Freeman Jones and am told there is a backlog of paperwork for these claims etc.

I was wondering what people think about this or can suggest what I can do as I know my credit file is due to renew in December and kinda worried if this gets dragged out till then my credit file is ruined again for another six years.

Comments

• Giggles_Fairy
    Giggles_Fairy Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like they are putting forward a variation.

You credit file won't be ruined for another 6 years. December is 6 years from your start date, as long as you receive your completion certificate before then then the credit files should be updated then (although the credit file agencies are well known for dragging their feet a little). If it does go past this date for any reason your credit file can be updated as soon as you get your certificate of completion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure