Holiday on jsa

Options
Evening

Going on holiday in the UK, do I need to tell the Job center that I'm going?
Currently receiving JSA and will be back before I need to sign on again.

Will be looking on line while I'm away, but can't come back earlie.
The holiday was booked last year, long before I started claiming.

Thanks

Comments

• seven-day-weekend
    Options
    I believe that if it is a holiday in the UK you can fill in a holiday form for a maximum of two weeks.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening

Going on holiday in the UK, do I need to tell the Job center that I'm going?
    Currently receiving JSA and will be back before I need to sign on again.

Will be looking on line while I'm away, but can't come back earlie.
    The holiday was booked last year, long before I started claiming.

Thanks
    As long as you keep looking for work then you meet the requirements of job seekers allowance. You can negotiate the inability to return immediately but I would just request a delay to any interview offers you might get. Actually I'd turn the phone off so you can't get any.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • specialboy
    specialboy Posts: 1,436 Forumite
    Options
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    As long as you keep looking for work then you meet the requirements of job seekers allowance. You can negotiate the inability to return immediately but I would just request a delay to any interview offers you might get. Actually I'd turn the phone off so you can't get any.

You would seriously turn your phone off and miss out on the chance of an interview?
  • specialboy
    specialboy Posts: 1,436 Forumite
    Options
    HappyMJ wrote: »

You would seriously turn your phone off and miss out on the chance of an interview?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure