Toyota yaris?!

Thinking of buying an automatic toyota yaris was just wondering if they are a decent reliable car? Also i know it varies but for insurance and tax are they a good price or are they quite high? Thank you

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Only if they are looked after. Negelcted ones will be unreliable as with any vehicle.

Are they high insurance and tax? Compared to what? Much cheaper than a Ferrari.

They have been making them for 15 years with various engines and running costs.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2014 at 10:56AM
    I pay £30 v.e.d. for my 1.33l petrol, CVT Yaris (£0 first year from registration). Insurance is £190 fully comp/full n.c.d. (rural, low risk postcode).
    It's personal choice, you say "automatic". Depending on age, the Mk 2 Yaris has a MMT (multimode transmission)which is only o.k., I had one. It's a Marmite situation, love/hate. I was in the middle! Post June 2010 there is a five year warranty which should cover MMT faults. They can and do have problems and are v. expensive to repair.
    I achieve around 50 m.p.g. (sometimes high 40s) overall.
    The Mk 3 has a CVT auto. version, far better than the MMT but was only introduced to the a Yaris in 2011(?). Therefore it's durability is yet unproven.
    But , as posted previously, they will not be as reliable without routine maintenance/servicing. On the whole very reliable with a bulletproof engine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure