Need help with timing payments to pay c.card

Options
Nat west cc treats any payment received between statement date & payment date as going towards the minimum payment, My d.d comes out from halifax reward acc. (in which I want d.d to be minimum to be set) but extra payment will negate the direct debit amount. How do I make sure I get the date right so that i can make the extra payments that I think I am doing.

Hope this makes sense.

Comments

• SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pay the minimum and extra payment in one go, and the DD just won't debit?
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    I need the direct debit as with halifax reward acc. i need 2 d.d set up on account to benefit from the £5 reward, of which nat west credit card is one of them. so just to clarify is your advice to make an extra payment on the day of the direct debit? Do other ppl agree?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I need the direct debit as with halifax reward acc. i need 2 d.d set up on account to benefit from the £5 reward, of which nat west credit card is one of them. so just to clarify is your advice to make an extra payment on the day of the direct debit? Do other ppl agree?
    DD is a 3 working day process, so either on the day itself or the day before.

But why risk messing with cards when you can open a Tesco savings account and let it pull a nominal sum automatically each month...then once a year go get your money and treat yourself!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure