V5 yellow section

Options
Just had to sell my car to scrapyard (collected) but scrappy and his mate were gone before I could get him to fill in yellow bit of V5 (honest they should be racing drivers...although didn't help that small son pestering at time) Do I have to take it back to them to fill in or can I send it off with their business details but no sig?

Comments

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could be an issue if the scrappy is a bit of a dodgy geezer - e.g. they pass the car onto one of their mates who does a quick fix and uses it for robbing some banks or speeding down the motorway at 100mph. As far as the DVLA are concerned you still own it so are responsible. I'd send it off straight away. Did they give you a receipt ? Maybe copy it and send that as well with a cover letter advising why not signed. Cover all your bases.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Send it off without a signature or just make a random squiggle there. Dont delay though send it off today.

Get your name off it ASAP. Your covered then.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Send it recorded delivery too, DVLA have a habit of losing post. It's taken me four months to get my name taken off a car I sold back in March.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure