Non status car leasing

Options
Sosotired
Sosotired Posts: 71 Forumite
Hi All

My IVA has completed and I have a completion certificate. I would like to lease a car, does anyone know or have any experience of any non status car leasing companies? I am aware that it will cost more and I am aware that I may have to put down a few months payments as a deposit. A cheap car will not be the answer as it needs to be a reliable car as I will be driving a lot (I am also aware that I may pay more for the mileage), this is all ok as the company will cover this.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cheap cars can be reliable. Its usually the fact that someone who spends £300 on a car doesnt like to spend another £300 on a service. Thats what makes them unreliable.
    Or the type of owner that doesnt know howto lift the bonnet never mind check the oil and water weekly like your supposed to.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What does 'non-status' mean?
  • saveallmymoney
    Options
    forgotmyname is on the right track, be sensible with your money and buy a one owner second hand car with a full service history.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Iceweasel wrote: »
    What does 'non-status' mean?
    It means from some bottom-feeder who doesn't care about the OP's lack of creditworthiness for a contract running over several years and many thousands of pounds...
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    So youve just completed your IVA and now want to lease a car?

didn't the IVA teach you anything?
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,754 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2014 at 11:22AM
    Options
    How many times in threads do we see the opinion 'cheap car means unreliable' or 'I need an expensive car because I need it to be reliable'?

It simply isn't the case. There is no direct link between what you spend on a car and it's reliability and it is often those people that should not be spending loads of money on a car that are using these arguments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure