🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sony PS3 Play TV 'lost' ITV4 and others...

Options
Hello,

My PlayTV has recently lost signal for ITV4 and a few others. :(

I rescanned and it's not found them at all.

The thing is, if I change the TV input to the TV itself, it shows ITV4 with no problem. The aerial input comes from the same aerial lead from the loft, and is split behind the TV, with one going into the PlayTV gadget, and the other directly into the TV.

The only thing that has 'changed' recently, was that we fitted a new aerial socket to the wall, and in doing so, could we not have wired it in correctly?? To me, it points to some issue with the PlayTV as we can get ITV4 etc through the TV. It did work ok for a while afterwards as we watched the end of the Tour de France.

I was going to do a full reset on the PlayTV but it will lose all programmes in the libary, unless there is some way of saving them possibly to a USB stick?

Any suggestions/help is much appreciated (want to watch the Vuelta in a few weeks!)

Ta! :)

Comments

• TangoFiver
    TangoFiver Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Well I'm gradually managing to transfer the programme library onto a USB stick, but it's taking ages!

I tried setting up a Homegroup etc. on my Win8 laptop, but couldn't manage to transfer the programmes.

Still not managing to find ITV4 though, but it hopefully will when I get around to doing a reset on the PlayTV.

If that still doesn't work, I guess I might have to try re-wiring the aerial lead/socket, perhaps the PS3 needs a stronger signal than the TV itself...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport