Grey paint mistake

Options
124»

Comments

• Shoey1610
    Shoey1610 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    Bah, I got 40 and my husband got 4. He now says he must choose all the paint for our house due to my 'wonky' eyes....
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

I'm also surrounded by colour swatches at the moment. Looking for perfect 'stormy sea' shades of blue, purple and grey. So very many shades, so very little budget.

Snowfall by Crown is good for that - grey but has a slight purple tint in some lights
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options

I'm also surrounded by colour swatches at the moment. Looking for perfect 'stormy sea' shades of blue, purple and grey. So very many shades, so very little budget.

Wilko do a really nice paint called 'Stardust', its matt, and 10x strength. Very nice for one wall, and looks really nice contrasted against a white wall.
  • lexie55_2
    lexie55_2 Posts: 775 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Laura Ashley Dove Grey is lovely..
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    Wahoo, I scored 0! I have a feeling that my excitement may be disproportionate.

Yeah but my prinks bigger than yours:A
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • jm2926
    jm2926 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Options
    We're a farrow and ball and little greene household. We used little greene French grey ( which comes in four shades) in our bathroom and its wonderful. Because I'm not a fan of white ceilings using a paler shade of the same colour on the ceiling in this room creates a wonderful calming feeling, where the difference is clear in light, less so in a shady corner. In any case, its a good colour.

The pigment density and richness of these sort of paints ( more so probably farrow and ball, but I have no complaints about little greene) will add IMO 'warmth' to the colour.

Very helpful, thanks. I have the whole house to do. Looks like it currently has dulux period paint, which I'm not keen on as it looks patchy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure