Bad Estate Agents

I wont name and shame as maybe this was a one off.

Just really a moan at just how unprofessional some estate agents can be.

I went to look at a property on Saturday only for the Agent to not be there waiting for me (I arrived on the dot!), 10 minuets later I had to phone them to ask what was going on.

I was told - "So and so is out the office on a viewing so I can't leave, you'll just have to wait.

When she arrived 35mins later, she knew practically nothing about the property (reason for sale.... price negotiation... age... when any of the work had been done.... was there even a working phone line etc.)

I'm utterly amazed that this company stands to potentially make a good few thousand pounds for being so bad.

I guess it can be argued that their job is to get the sale... and it will sell.... but still, it's just so shoddy.

Comments

• Timalay
    Timalay Posts: 906 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    967stuart wrote: »
    When she arrived 35mins later, she knew practically nothing about the property (reason for sale.... price negotiation... age... when any of the work had been done.... was there even a working phone line etc.)

I would imagine the one is private to the person selling (unless the chose to disclose it).
  • 967stuart
    967stuart Posts: 300 Forumite
    Timalay wrote: »
    I would imagine the one is private to the person selling (unless the chose to disclose it).

Good point.
    But it's a fair question to ask, if they politely said for 'private reasons' then I'd respectfully accept their answer.
    Unfortunately my question was met with dumbstruck look and a shrug of the shoulders.

That wasn't a defining moment on the visit, just one of many small things that amounted to generally poor experience.

I don't need the property 'selling' to me... but some answers to basic questions should be a given.
    Considering it's a small village (and this company is based there), the lack of local knowledge was pretty staggering.

I guess with the internet at our fingertips these days, these people don't have to work hard for their money anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure