edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
2 replies 854 views
[Deleted User][Deleted User]
0 Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Hi there.

We are doing a car boot sale tomorrow, and I have been looking at the Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot and Jumble Sales board hoping to pick up hints.

It seems to me that the board could do with being split up. Ebay issues dominate the board completely and it is quite time consuming trying to find info about the other aspects presently covererd - even "sub-boards" under a generic heading maybe?

I know that you can use the search function, but you could equally say that for any other subject yet many of them have their own distinct boards.

Cheers for now.

WR

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a sticky thread about car boots here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=527459

As for a sub board, we get very little traffic relating to car boots and I think a sub board would be very slow indeed. The only reason there are so few posts in the main board is that it is not a subject that crops up a lot not that it is discouraged.

Obviously though it is ultimately up to the team what boards and sub boards they want.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus the search function still sucks bricks ;)

However, I've found that selecting "Search Posts" rather than "Search Threads" seems to work better, up to a point.

(I've said something positive - they must have sneaked my meds in my sandwich :eek: )
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals