PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

O/S Daily Thursday 24th July

Options
13»

Comments

• jlhmd666
    jlhmd666 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    JLHMD I've got a special oven shelf soaking gadget from Lakeland Plastics and I soak the shelves in there starting in hot water with biological washing powder in and leave them overnight. In the morning I use a stainless steel scrubber to get off the hard to shift bits and if they need a bit of extra abrasion I use Astonish Oven Cleaner Paste, which is 99p in my local 99p shop and that does the trick. A brillo pad is very good if you don't use a stainless steel scrubber.

I will try and get some brilliant pads to shift the stubborn bits, thanks :) They're cleaner than they were so will be fine for now but I would like to clean them up some more.
    2016 Grocery Challenge January: £296.20/£300 February: £262.05/£300
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi chums had a brilliant day out with DGD Holly we had a fab lunch at Q on the roof at Selfridges ,we also had a walk around the store and giggled at a pair of trainers priced at £480.00.I did spoil myself and bought some of my favourite perfume which I have worn for the past 50+ years.very old fashioned, and rather expensive, but the stuff I got today will last me for about 2 years as its used sparingly.My children and grandchildren call it Grannies perfume as I have never used anything else so £78.00 lighter !!!

We then went in the express lift to the restaraunt,where I had previously made a reservation.It was a treat for DGD Holly as she has achieved her 2.1 degree that she wanted, and also had her 21st birthday earlier this month.I had told them why we were there and the staff were really lovely and we had a great lunch (also an arm and a leg but well worth it)and the waiter brought us both a glass of bubbly and wished her a Happy Birthday and her pudding plate was decorated in chocolate with 'Happy 21st Birthday to Holly' which I thought was so thoughtful of them.We then caught a cab back to Victoria and went to see the matinee of Billy Elliot which she absolutely loved. I had seen it a few years ago so I knew that she would like it.All in all a very expensive day but one she won't forget, she was so pleased with her suprise and to me its another memory for her to give to her grandchildren in 50 years time.I am now toddling off to bed as I am totally sold out and in need of a nice sleep,the fan is on in my bedroom so it should be cooler in there Hope you all have had a good day and no one has got too hot and bothered with the heat or the kids off of school
    Cheers chums JackieO xxx
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Hi chums had a brilliant day out with DGD Holly we had a fab lunch at Q on the roof at Selfridges ,we also had a walk around the store and giggled at a pair of trainers priced at £480.00.I did spoil myself and bought some of my favourite perfume which I have worn for the past 50+ years.very old fashioned, and rather expensive, but the stuff I got today will last me for about 2 years as its used sparingly.My children and grandchildren call it Grannies perfume as I have never used anything else so £78.00 lighter !!!

We then went in the express lift to the restaraunt,where I had previously made a reservation.It was a treat for DGD Holly as she has achieved her 2.1 degree that she wanted, and also had her 21st birthday earlier this month.I had told them why we were there and the staff were really lovely and we had a great lunch (also an arm and a leg but well worth it)and the waiter brought us both a glass of bubbly and wished her a Happy Birthday and her pudding plate was decorated in chocolate with 'Happy 21st Birthday to Holly' which I thought was so thoughtful of them.We then caught a cab back to Victoria and went to see the matinee of Billy Elliot which she absolutely loved. I had seen it a few years ago so I knew that she would like it.All in all a very expensive day but one she won't forget, she was so pleased with her suprise and to me its another memory for her to give to her grandchildren in 50 years time.I am now toddling off to bed as I am totally sold out and in need of a nice sleep,the fan is on in my bedroom so it should be cooler in there Hope you all have had a good day and no one has got too hot and bothered with the heat or the kids off of school
    Cheers chums JackieO xxx

What a fabulous day and how lucky is your Granddaughter :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport