any help for me?

Hi,I,m 68 and am having trouble with osteoarthritis in my knees and hands and am having difficulty in walking far ,shopping is agony even pushing a trolley I find I cant do a full shop as I have to give up half way through .I can only stand for about 5 minutes without sitting so waiting for public transport is out of the question My son has even bought a wheelchair for me ,so he can take me shopping .
My fingers are really stiff and I find it difficult to prepare vegetables ,two of my finger tips on my right hand have no feeling in,
I also have COPD and osteoporosis ,is there any thing I can claim towards taxis or transport?
Thanks
Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You may get Attendance Allowance if you have care needs.

Have you had an assessment done by social services?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    To amplify the above response - you can only get AA.
    This does not have any component for mobility difficulties around the home.
    Only difficulty dealing with things directly connected with bodily functions - for example, washing, cooking, dressing, ...
    General housework is _not_ counted.
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Indie_Kid wrote: »
    You may get Attendance Allowance if you have care needs.

Have you had an assessment done by social services?
    Haven't had one for about 4 years ,then they gave me a grab rail for the bath and some for the stairs,obviously my needs are worse now,I don't get in the bath anymore ,just do a strip wash daily,we have no shower ,I live in a council house with my husband ,who also has osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • ask them to send an occupational therapist to see you,if you cant afford to make changes like having a shower put in help may be avaliable,an OT is the way to go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure