Loan written off by LLoyds

Options

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wonder who signed the letter he OP.
    Be interesting to see if Flavia Palacios Umana does hold the title at the banking group.
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    phbatbjco wrote: »
    I am reluctant to actually contact them for obvious reasons!!

Not really obvious. What could have happened:
    • It's genuine and not a mistake - contact Lloyds and they confirm it and you are happy and better off.
    • It's a genuine Lloyds letter but the've made a mistake - contact Lloyds and they correct it, you have to continue paying; you are no worse off than you would have been but you have avoided cancelling payments, them realising their mistake later and maybe complications to rearrange payments.
    • It's some kind of scam - contact Lloyds and they confirm it is a scam and you have not cancelled your payments in error with the possibility of getting negative marks on your credit record.
    So I would contact them ASAP (and given the experience quoted of trying to find someone who knows what it's about - persisted until I get it confirmed in writing that I should stop payments).
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • purdyoaten
    purdyoaten Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if Flavia Palacios Umana does hold the title at the banking group.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/flavia-palacios-umana/0/445/7a2

Apparently so!
    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who do not. :doh:
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Ah, the Argentinian beauty!
  • phbatbjco
    phbatbjco Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I have just looked at my letter again and it is signed by the same person. SHe quotes my name address and the loan account number correctly so it looks as if it may be genuine. The loan is still showing as outstanding on my Internet banking, however.
  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    155 Bishopsgate is where Retail has their head office. This is not the contact centre but rather the more senior people in the Retail banking world.
  • dresdendave
    dresdendave Posts: 889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    phbatbjco wrote: »

Pension loans were popular when I took it out as an alternative to an endowment policy linked loan.
    People who knew perfectly well what they were in for never seemed to have any difficulty with the mental arithmetic when playing darts and instantly knew in a flash what 501 minus 68 was or how to get out with three darts on 59!

If someone thinks 59 is three dart finish then I would suggest they do have problems with mental arithmetic.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If someone thinks 59 is three dart finish then I would suggest they do have problems with mental arithmetic.
    19 , 20 double 10
  • Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not sure if I'm missing something here.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • carlan
    carlan Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Gaz83 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm missing something here.

Thanks for the comments. I have been back to my local Branch and AT LAST someone has agreed to help!! The Branch have never heard of "Pension Loans" but they checked their Directory and they have contact number for the "Argentinian Beauty" and they have promised to contact her/her Dept for an explanation and confirmation. As soon as I have any news I will post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure