ONE DAY LEFT to add your questions before the Forum 'Ask An Expert: Energy' event ends. Our expert MSE Andrew will answer some from Wed afternoon

Please help purchase or balance transfer

I have to pay course fees to my old employer (which is a local authority) as I have left employment within 2 years of finishing my course. I was thinking of getting a 0% credit card for a period of time but I am unsure if it would be classed as a purchase or balance transfer? I would welcome any advice. Thanks


  • Stooz
    Stooz Forumite Posts: 11 Forumite
    Do they take credit card payments? in which case get a purchase rate credit card so you can pay it off slowly without paying interest.
    It is unlikely to be classed as a cash withdrawal.
  • Retro_Bunny
    Retro_Bunny Forumite Posts: 650
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Quick question, I'm LA myself; did you leave as in hand in your notice or take redundancy / voluntary redundancy?
    Just asking as redundancy negates the need for pay backs.

    Also was it made clear to you when you commenced the course that there was tie in related to fees?
    --- Warning: Grumpy Old Man in Training ---
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 338.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 248.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 447.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 230.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 600.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171K Life & Family
  • 244K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards