We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Water Pipe - Fair?
minster67
Posts: 1 Newbie
I am renovating a 4 bed house. The house hasn't been touched for at least 40 years. In replacing the boiler i was told that the property has small lead pipes and so the builders have replaced with new plastic 32mm pipes to the boundary wall.
When i asked Thames Water to replace the pipe to the mains i received a quote for £4100. £2500 for the work and a further £1600 for parking suspensions as they argue they need to dig up half the street (for four days).
I have complained as this seems ridiculous (i think they should do it for free given the pipe hasnt been touched for years). I have phoned the council (Camden) and they say they only do what Thames Water have asked them for.
Any thoughts, suggestions, comments on how I can get around this as i need water and can't afford to pay!
When i asked Thames Water to replace the pipe to the mains i received a quote for £4100. £2500 for the work and a further £1600 for parking suspensions as they argue they need to dig up half the street (for four days).
I have complained as this seems ridiculous (i think they should do it for free given the pipe hasnt been touched for years). I have phoned the council (Camden) and they say they only do what Thames Water have asked them for.
Any thoughts, suggestions, comments on how I can get around this as i need water and can't afford to pay!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards