IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCP ticket

Options
I went to Indian Buffet Restaurant on The Quayside in Dundee tonight at 7.00 pm. You need a free ticket for the first hour, then it is £2.00 after that, has been that way for years. Except after 6.00pm. I have being going there for years after 6.00 pm and never needed a ticket. Except tonight apparently! I came out 25 mins later to find a £60.00 fine on my windscreen. I then found out that UKCP took it over 3 weeks ago, unknown to me, and obviously to a lot of the cars in the car park. The attendant was on until 10.00pm, and then another attendant was taking over from him! Really? Fining motorists at that time of night? Anyway what should my stance be on this? Most people are saying don't pay.
Thanks.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    read the NEWBIES sticky thread, especially on scotland issues
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yet another car park seemingly where a problem never existed before the engagement of a PPC!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • AliBals
    AliBals Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Than you for the directions.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Put these words: 'Dundee Courier Parking' into Google. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The attendant was on until 10.00pm, and then another attendant was taking over from him! Really? Fining motorists at that time of night?

He was not fining anyone, he was on the night shift handing out speculative invoices for a business based on dirty tricks and pretending to look official!
    Follow the advice on here and keep your money in your pocket.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Put these words: 'Dundee Courier Parking' into Google. :)

Yup - If this is the place I'm thinking on, its right across the road from Gallacher Rd/East Marketgait car parks. So all the previous advice for dealing with them and any harassing calls from Gordon and Noble will apply.

I've been for a curry there many times and have hardly ever had a problem getting parked - maybe around Christmas when the Quay Shops are busy during the day but not at night..

So it seems UKPC are trying to stitch-up Dundee parking. Which is little surprise as Dundee Council were one of the first "Associate" members of the BPA and this went a long way to boosting the BPA's credibility a few years back. :mad:
  • AliBals
    AliBals Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting point Pogofish, about The Council and BPA, cheers. First seen 19.25 and ticket issued 19.25, what happened to the 5 mins grace? Or is that an urban myth?
  • Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It's a BPA urban myth!
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No myth about the greed and scamming of PPC's I'm afraid!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure