Free McAfee security scan plus with Adobe update

Options
katejo
katejo Posts: 3,872 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
As part of my Adobe update, I got the above security scan which I didn't really want. I already have AVG paid virus software. Do they interfere with each other? Should i just try to delete the McAfee one? I haven't run it at all.

Comments

• waddler_8
    waddler_8 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    Uninstall Mcafee. It's little more than a marketing tool for them.
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    To anyone who reads this thread..... when you click to install/download anything please pay attention to the tick boxes and read what they say, it saves you having to uninstall stuff you don't want in the first place.
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • aerostar
    aerostar Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To anyone who reads this thread..... when you click to install/download anything please pay attention to the tick boxes and read what they say, it saves you having to uninstall stuff you don't want in the first place.

Where possible - ALWAYS choose custom install for programs, that way you can see the sneaky installs that you would have agreed to if you just click install, especially the "FREE" ones.

This is how you get those toolbars and unwanted programs, and you then say

"I do not know how they got there !" - YOU agreed because YOU did not read the T&Cs or what it was installing.
  • Gillor
    Gillor Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Or use Unchecky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport