The lesser of 2 evils - ATOS or Capita?

Options
As the title says, which 'company' is the lesser of the 2 evils in your opinion?

I am in an ATOS area and have applied for PIP due to severe and sudden disability, and as I've yet to have the much awaited and anticipated f2f as I've only been waiting for 4 months for acknowledgement, I can only assume that they are somewhat unable to do what they promised me (process my claim in a timely manner).

So as there are 2 companies dealing with the PIP and ESA fiasco, is one less crap than the other? If I remember correctly (I have brain damage so my memory is !!!!!) Capita were brought in as ATOS were being pillocks, but are Capita any better or have they !!!!ed up to the same level as ATOS? And if they are both as useless as each other, is the problem that nobody is giving both of them the required boot up the bum or is it actually the DWP that are the ultimate evil and they are just using A and C as scapegoats?
There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out.

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi OP,

Waits can be over 6 months - it is well publicised as well (national press, news etc.) so not sure what you mean by a timely manner - there are those waiting for a lot longer than you who haven't had an assessment.

ATOS are under contract until early next year; if you are in any doubt over who may perform any assessment you could be called for, you would be best calling PIP who can inform you directly as to whom may be carrying out any assessments on the DWP's behalf.

Perhaps you wouldn't be so angry, and perhaps even be thankful that we have social security to take care of those who are ill or disabled, whereas a lot of places don't - you could always not claim benefit, therefore alleviating yourself of all this hassle and any associated stress which from your original post looks like you are under.
  • jlawrence
    jlawrence Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    DomRavioli wrote: »

Perhaps you wouldn't be so angry, and perhaps even be thankful that we have social security to take care of those who are ill or disabled, whereas a lot of places don't - you could always not claim benefit, therefore alleviating yourself of all this hassle and any associated stress which from your original post looks like you are under.

Exactly, those that want to enter the lions den can only be expected to suffer and get bitten.
    Hence why we are not even contemplating making such claims, not with all of what is going on. Our life is peaceful and stress free, which wouldn't be the case if we both applied for PIP.
  • kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    clark24 wrote: »
    As the title says, which 'company' is the lesser of the 2 evils in your opinion?

I am in an ATOS area and have applied for PIP due to severe and sudden disability, and as I've yet to have the much awaited and anticipated f2f as I've only been waiting for 4 months for acknowledgement, I can only assume that they are somewhat unable to do what they promised me (process my claim in a timely manner).

So as there are 2 companies dealing with the PIP and ESA fiasco, is one less crap than the other? If I remember correctly (I have brain damage so my memory is !!!!!) Capita were brought in as ATOS were being pillocks, but are Capita any better or have they !!!!ed up to the same level as ATOS? And if they are both as useless as each other, is the problem that nobody is giving both of them the required boot up the bum or is it actually the DWP that are the ultimate evil and they are just using A and C as scapegoats?

Hi, my f2f was carried out by ATOS 11 months after I first claimed - not totally their fault but they could have done more to speed it up - in my opinion. I don't think there's much difference between either company from what I've read on these forums.

I'd suggest you ring DWP/PIP to make sure your file has been passed over to ATOS and find out the date it was sent. Then ring ATOS - they will only tell you that they're waiting for more information, etc, but it's worthwhile making sure they've got your file. Most of us had to ring ATOS at least once a week to try and get an appointment date although I don't think they take much notice! I had to get my MP involved in the end and I had my f2f within days of doing so. Am still waiting for my decision but hope it's going to be any day now.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
  • kittykat17
    kittykat17 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Clark24

Forgot to say that I had heard that the NHS are carrying out f2f's in parts of Scotland - you could be lucky!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure