MSE News: Lingerie chain La Senza goes into administration again

Options
Lingerie chain La Senza has gone into administration for the second time in two years, but its stores will stay open ...
Read the full story:

Lingerie chain La Senza goes into administration again

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear! I feel for the staff and they should be at the forefront of people's thoughts.

One thing which the article hasn't referred to, is gift cards. I did a search on a popular search engine and apparently La Senza like many outlets, sell gift cards. Not sure what the status of those is for those that have them? (I don't), but clearly I hope there won't be any losers.

I went onto their website, which of course has the administrator notice on it. I guess the information will come out in due course.
  • Big_Mac_TMMM
    Big_Mac_TMMM Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Caddyman wrote: »
    Oh dear! I feel for the staff and they should be at the forefront of people's thoughts.

I hope the administrators don't put too many people out of a job. :sad:
    One thing which the article hasn't referred to, is gift cards. I did a search on a popular search engine and apparently La Senza like many outlets, sell gift cards. Not sure what the status of those is for those that have them? (I don't), but clearly I hope there won't be any losers.

When HMV went into administration, they were only interested in bringing money in and refused to take gift cards.

I'm guessing the administrators here might want to pay off big debts (like rent) before they start paying back gift cards, with undies.

You could ask on their Facebook page for Lazenza UK. That is still up, but the person running it may not know much more than you do.
    I went onto their website, which of course has the administrator notice on it. I guess the information will come out in due course.

If they do start taking them, I think you should trade in the gift card for undies ASAP. I've lost money on other gift cards. I have come to the conclusion that they are a waste of time (unless you can win them for free).
    Longtime fan of MSE and the good advice given out here. :hello:
    Mostly looking for free and cheap resources for tabletop RPGs.
  • yourhistoryismine
    Options
    Hi everyone

Don't know if anyone will be able to help here but on 15th June I placed an order online with La Senza. I can't remember exactly when but just over a week a so later I sent the items back via Collect+. I forgot about it for a fee days but then realised I hadn't had my money back. I then went online on 3rd or 4th July and realised they had gone into administration. So I rang the customer services number and explained I hadn't had my money back after sending my order back and the woman didn't say anything about them going into administration and that that meant I might not be able to get my money back or anything, she just told me she'd chase it up and she also took my number to ring me back to let me know what was going on but no one ever rang me back and I still haven't had my money back. I tried ringing the number again today but the number is now unavailable. I've read the article about my rights and what's happened to me isn't included but it does say if you haven't received your goods but have paid then you should be able to get your money back so really this is the similar to what's happened to me because they have both my money AND the goods and also this happened before they announced they'd gone into administration. But how do I go about getting my money back? On that article it says about contacting them but I can't find a contact number anywhere!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,683 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you tell us how you paid?

Secondly start keeping a diary of all contact - date, method, who you spoke to, what it was about etc.
    If you want to claim off a debt/credit card you often have to prove you've made efforts with the retailer first, so write this down now whilst you can remember.
  • yourhistoryismine
    Options
    Thanks for replying. I paid by credit card but it was only £70 and I read on that article and elsewhere that you're only covered under a certain law if it's £100 and over. I did see that you can claim using Chargeback if it's under £100 or if you paid by debit card so do you think I should do this? I wanted to try and contact La Senza first if I could but like I said I can't find a number anywhere! Ok I'll write the dates down thanks.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    La senza is to close completely , don't think there's any point in contacting
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills