Unfair arrears with orange

Hi, iv flicked through here and seen a lot of people seem to have had some bad experianced with orange mobile phone contracts!

I had a contract with them 2008-10 and from day one they screwed it up. I was given so many minutes, texts and Mb as per usual but was often charged for more than what my standard price was, they had charged me for some of the things I should have had included. At the time their answer was that I would have to pay the full amount now and they would either refund it or take it off my next bill. I refused to do this as I did not have the funds and was left with no other choice than to cancel the direct debit. This went in for nearly the entire contract. On top of this I had numerous problems with the phone, that they were reluctant to repair.

Iv recently logged I to my credit file to find numerous cases of arrears logged against me in the contract period ranging from 1 month to 4 months. I noticed that before the 4 month marker 2 months were marked as being in dispute, yet I was still penalised. Looking through all the markers it states what I owe and clearly shows them reducing the bill on more than one occasion, following me ringing up extremly unhappy.

I emailed orange about this to try and solve the problem, got my automated response to say they would get back to me in 72 hours, they didn't so I called them. They refused to access my account as I couldn't remeber specific details about it for ages and when I did finally get them to do it, they could see anything regarding to all of this. I asked to be out through to a supervisor to be refused and then to be told the person I am speaking to is a supervisor (load of crap!) and they still wouldn't help me. They then out me through to the billing team (no idea why!) to a young girl who did her best to help me. Looked into everything she could and told me at one point the debt was passed to debt collectors, I don't remeber being informed of this at all! She couldn't help me and have me an email to contact (referrals.fax.invox@everythingeverywhere.com) politely explaining my suituation and i asked then to contact me to achknowledge the email if they were unable to sort it straight away. And nothing, iv heard nothing in 7 days now.

I realise that I haven't given them a great deal of time to respond to this but I am extremly annoyed with my credit file and now their complete lack of communication.

I keep reading posts on the internet saying mobile phone company's are not governed by the same people as loans ect but I don't know where this leaves me?

Where do I go from this, I completly believe this is unfair and it is stopping me and my partner from buying a house, I don't know who to speak to or to complain to to take this further?

Thank you!
Danielle

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Whatever the ins and outs of your claim. Not paying the bills and cancelling the direct debit has done you no favours. As this legally puts you in breach of contract.
  • danii2522
    danii2522 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 June 2014 at 9:49PM
    Even tho the bills were incorrect? I was willing to pay the set amount for which the contract was for but they wouldn't take it. They admited that they had made mistakes with the contract and the ammount was incorrect, even with them admitting fault I'm still to blame for not paying an amount that I didn't owe?

In addition to that I was a student and unable to afford the extra chunk they added on to my bill, so was unable to pay it anyway. It's a lose lose suituation for me, I could have let them take it and either go arrears anyway because the payment was refused due to insufficient funds or got landed with bank charges if they took it successfully. Through no fault of my own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure