Switching Service woes

Afternoon - and sorry about this long post

I switched bank accounts towards the end of last month and everything went through incredibly well or so I thought.

Today I checked my account to see if the first of many DD's went out. It was showing as not taken.

I dug out the agreement and called the Santander who have the finance agreement (also the same bank as my new bank) who said they require 9 working days for direct debits to be set up and the lady gave me the sort code and account number for the bank account and told me to use my agreement number as the reference without any spaces or dashes.

A couple of hours later i noticed the money had appeared in my aco!!!! again.

Back on the phone again to the finance company and after confirming I had the correct bank account and reference number, I was told there shouldn't have been an issue and to call my bank.

The bank said it was the finance company retuning the money and to try again. I did a payment and like the first time the money bounced back into my account.

I called the finance company again and they said that it was definately the bank causing the issue and that I could pay £12.00 and they would take payment by card. Not wanting a late payment marker on my account and interest and late fees adding, I had no choice but to pay the £12.00.

My query is as my bank account and finance company are both Santander, what department do I complain to (or indeed do I complain to both as they are both blaming each other) in order to get my £12.00 back due to the switching service failing and having to make a manual payment which has caused me financial loss.

I know its not a huge amount but £12.00 is £12.00 that I shouldn't have to be paying.

Thanks as always
R

(I have put this in bank accounts section as it relates to the switch, but if anyone feels it should be in the loans section, feel free to move it)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport