what are Virgin phone charges?

grai
grai Posts: 268
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
I'm searching and searching the Virgin website trying to find out how much they are charging me for phone calls and suspiciously no matter how I word the search it feels like the site does not like the question :mad:

could anyone give me a link or tell me how much a local call is, in the evening and day time, weekend calls and connection charges, charges per minute etc. Stuff like that - how hard can it be for Virgin to fess up? I have a feeling the prices will be shocking judging by the way the website avoids clearly listing the real cost in pounds and pence

I'm on a basic package with them

TA

Comments

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    virginmedia.com/callcosts
  • jhe
    jhe Posts: 1,823
    Forumite
    i have never found it easy to google virgin landline call costs,
    if u work your way round http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/compare-fibre-optic/index.html?buspart=cablecall_02 you might get your answer
    i spent a good half hour earlier today trying to find out how much 0345 calls cost, i gave up in the end
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 1 July 2014 at 4:08PM
    'Local' calls ceased to exist decades ago now, distance and exchange have no bearing on call costs.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jhe wrote: »
    i have never found it easy to google virgin landline call costs,
    if u work your way round http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/compare-fibre-optic/index.html?buspart=cablecall_02 you might get your answer
    i spent a good half hour earlier today trying to find out how much 0345 calls cost, i gave up in the end

Just took me 30 seconds to find out, using the link you supplied and clicking on 'view costs from June 2014'. Unless I'm missing something it seems clear enough :huh:

Page 4 of the PDF gives call cost for 01,02 and 03 numbers.
  • jhe
    jhe Posts: 1,823
    Forumite
    mije1983 wrote: »
    Just took me 30 seconds to find out, using the link you supplied and clicking on 'view costs from June 2014'. Unless I'm missing something it seems clear enough :huh:

Page 4 of the PDF gives call cost for 01,02 and 03 numbers.

i didnt spend half an hour looking through the link i posted i spent half an hour searching online for call prices, virgin landline call charges have never been straight forward to search for, usually it has been a pdf download for numbers which have a code next to them then another pdf download to decipher the codes.
  • grai wrote: »
    I'm searching and searching the Virgin website trying to find out how much they are charging me for phone calls

Too much !!!

If you dont have inclusive minutes use http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php
    via its 0808 Freephone Number.
  • grai
    grai Posts: 268
    Forumite
    thanks everyone

I knew it was either me being thick or the reason it's such a run around is because Virgin don't want you to know their prices are unaffordable

no big suprise it's the latter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport