MoneySaving Poll: The MoneySavingExpert.com Annual Census

Poll started 30 June 2014

The MoneySavingExpert.com Annual Census

So who are MoneySavers? Rather than data-mining, we decided the politest way to find out was just to ask. Plus we thought you may like to find out a little bit more about who else uses this site (or more accurately, who uses this site and answers the polls).

Welcome to the first annual MSE census.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click this.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    edited 30 June 2014 at 3:59PM
    When it came to Employment status, I had to put part-time as it was the closest thing to 'Casual labour on zero hour contract' that I could see.
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I suspect they have been extinct for some years, but my favourite flavour of crisps was Bovril... :tongue:
  • I answered everything except sexuality which I said prefer not to say.

I'm quite happy to say heterosexual on here, straight is the wrong word, my best friend is a gay man, I wouldn't call him bent (or anyone else because of their sexuality) and straight is the opposite of bent!
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In response to Gordon - we've changed the language. We agree straight and homosexual isn't right. We debated and decided to go colloquial and now have straight and gay/lesbian and bisexual. We took this from Stonewall's website language.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • double_mummy
    double_mummy Posts: 3,989 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    there needs to be an unsure option in the religion bit lol
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • All the gay people I know use the term straight to be fair, I just think it's dumb personally, if Stonewall say it's fine who am I to argue lol.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • plebeian
    plebeian Posts: 39 Forumite
    Can't help but think, as there are 17 available answers to the crisps question, there should be more than the 2 current mutually exclusive options for gender.

Not something that will affect me personally, but some people identify with gender in a different way.

I may be missing the point here but I think it's worth considering.
    "We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."
    - Konstantin Josef Jireček
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Shocked to see that respondents are 97% white.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I used to like Bovril crisps as well, they do taste like Marmite crisps.

Interesting to see high proportion of women
  • Tobermory
    Tobermory Posts: 49 Forumite
    Would have preferred to have seen 'homemaker' and 'carer' as separate options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure