P60 question

I have been claiming JSA since March but am starting a new job next week so want to get my tax credits sorted out asap after starting work.

I have contacted DWP countless times over the past two months to get my P60 so I can put the correct amount of earnings from the last tax year but I have hit a wall of extreme incompetence from them (yet again) and I still haven't received it.

HMRC website states that P60's are sent out by May 31 and yet I still haven't got mine and it's now the end of June.

I had a number of temporary roles last year and some of the P45 information is unclear (or doesn't say anything at all) so I can't use them as a reference to add up all the amounts so the P60 would be very useful (plus I would like a copy for my own records).

The DWP have fobbed me off with different information each of the twelve times I have called and I cannot believe how they can operate in such a woefully incompetent manner.A more painfully awful organisation I have yet to come across (and there are many,many of those!).

Does anybody know when I am likely to receive my P60 or,if it has been sent and been lost in the post,can I get a duplicate?

Comments

• globalsmh
    globalsmh Posts: 24 Forumite
    Yes, I have.They say it's nothing to do with them (true),it's issued by your employer (which,effectively, is the DWP at present).
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    From what you have said there is a good chance that when you get your P60 it will not have the full information that you want. From part 1A of the P45 that you gave to the jobcentre when you signed on is there anything in section 7 for Total pay to date and total tax to date. If there are figures here then these are all you need to go with the amount of jobseekers benefit received as these are the figures that will show on the P60 as previous pay and tax. If there are no figures here then there will probably be no figures for previous pay and tax on the P60 it will only have details of jobseekers benefit paid.
    Not sure what the problem is you refer to as "some of the P45 information is unclear (or doesn't say anything at all)" do they not all have part 8 filled in?
  • globalsmh
    globalsmh Posts: 24 Forumite
    chrisbur wrote: »
    From what you have said there is a good chance that when you get your P60 it will not have the full information that you want. From part 1A of the P45 that you gave to the jobcentre when you signed on is there anything in section 7 for Total pay to date and total tax to date. If there are figures here then these are all you need to go with the amount of jobseekers benefit received as these are the figures that will show on the P60 as previous pay and tax. If there are no figures here then there will probably be no figures for previous pay and tax on the P60 it will only have details of jobseekers benefit paid.
    Not sure what the problem is you refer to as "some of the P45 information is unclear (or doesn't say anything at all)" do they not all have part 8 filled in?

The problem is DWP are the most inept organisation by a country mile when trying to get asnything sorted out!

I am trying to get my full earnings info for the last tax year so I can get my tax credits info off before the end of July.I had hoped that receiving a simple bit of paper through the post would be quite simple but the DWP can't even manage that.

The P45s I received from DWP last year when I started work don't have any information on at all and there was once instance where they were so incompetent they didn't even send me a P45 at all.

I guess I'm going to have go through the laborious process of going through my online bank statements for the 12 month period.Would be nice if the DWP didn't fob me off and tell me a different pack of lies every time I phone them up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure