Postage price

Hi
Most of the items I sell are usually <1kg
I have sold an item tonight that weighs 2.7kg - does anyone know the cheapest way to send it tracked please ?

It is a boxed collection of books so it could probably travel with most postal systems ??

Many thanks in advance if anyone could suggest the cheapest way for me to send

Comments

• check the royal mail website do they not have on there a guide how much it costs too send an item at a certain weight
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    check the royal mail website do they not have on there a guide how much it costs too send an item at a certain weight

Op is hoping for cheaper, RM will not be that.

OP, look at Couriers, I use MYHermes but other people will give you their own recommendations.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thanks but I checked Royal Mail and have just managed to pull myself back up onto the chair :eek:

I haven't used MyHermes since I threw my teddy out of the cot with them when they smashed a wooden frame I sent (my fault for knowing they don't cover some of the materials in it I know but it was unbelieveably well packed by a professional for me and on arrival it looked like it had had been steam rollered all the way to the buyer

I don't think I've any other option but to use them TBH
  • Irn-Bru-Kid
    Irn-Bru-Kid Posts: 614 Forumite
    Thanks but I checked Royal Mail and have just managed to pull myself back up onto the chair :eek:

I haven't used MyHermes since I threw my teddy out of the cot with them when they smashed a wooden frame I sent (my fault for knowing they don't cover some of the materials in it I know but it was unbelieveably well packed by a professional for me and on arrival it looked like it had had been steam rollered all the way to the buyer

I don't think I've any other option but to use them TBH

if you use this link for Collect plus http://www.collectplus.co.uk/tv you will get 20% off, it expires tomorrow.

Its for first time customers only, but if you have used them before, just use a different email address.

Postage would then be £4.95 for 2.7kg tracked and insured up to £50.00
  • paulc333
    paulc333 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Hi
    Most of the items I sell are usually <1kg
    I have sold an item tonight that weighs 2.7kg - does anyone know the cheapest way to send it tracked please ?

It is a boxed collection of books so it could probably travel with most postal systems ??

Many thanks in advance if anyone could suggest the cheapest way for me to send

Just a word of caution, obviously I don't know where you sold these but if you have quoted a delivery methid then thats what you should use.

for example we have had threads on here many times about an Ebay seller advertising Royal mail then using collect plus or hermes and the receiver has not been happy.
  • https://www.parcel2go.com/tv , it's free for your first parcel, and you can choose to drop at a shop or have them picked up.
  • peterpan567
    peterpan567 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Myhermes are cheaper than RM but then you risk the chance of the item going being broken or delayed. Another benefit is the Hermes drop off service to save a few bob. I have had a mixed bag with Hermes, sometime no problems at all and then it can go pear shaped with the odd parcel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure