Tesco, theme park and come back next day?

Options
If you buy a ticket with your clubcard points and the place has a visit a second day policy for x, can you still do this and pay the extra even though initial ticket was with points?

I'm thinking about Drayton Manor.

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You will have to contact them to check, the majority of venues do not allow upgrades / discounts / extras when using clubcard tokens but very few make that easy to find in their T&Cs.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Generally not. A couple of places on the IOW take Tescos vouchers but only give re-entry for cash paying customers.
    The man without a signature.
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Emailed them

You can upgrade your entrance tickets to day 2 tickets for £12 per person regardless of how you purchased them. To confirm, your tesco clubcard tickets can be upgraded to day 2 tickets.
  • clarew
    clarew Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We could use the return for free in 5 days offer at flambards in Cornwall having for in with tesco vouchers, which surprised me!
    Original mortgage 185k. 2003
    Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
    OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,316 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    claire21 wrote: »
    If you buy a ticket with your clubcard points and the place has a visit a second day policy for x, can you still do this and pay the extra even though initial ticket was with points?

I'm thinking about Drayton Manor.
    You can do it at Alton Towers :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thorpe park is a yes to, emailed them

Yes you can, please retain your ticket and present this at the sales desk on the day of your visit. If this is for more than one person, your group may have to be present.

Kind Regards,
  • QuincyBella
    QuincyBella Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    You can do it at Alton Towers :)

Is that the case when people have also got their tickets via the Kellogg 2 for 1 adult entry offer? Five of us are planning to go from Devon to Staffs for two days but don't want to book a hotel unless we can get the bounce back/towers2 tickets.

Thanks!
  • mum26
    mum26 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    Options
    Is that the case when people have also got their tickets via the Kellogg 2 for 1 adult entry offer? Five of us are planning to go from Devon to Staffs for two days but don't want to book a hotel unless we can get the bounce back/towers2 tickets.

Thanks!

Yes you can, we used 2 for 1 vouchers on Tuesday and we're able to buy the towers2 tickets for the next day for £9.60 each, hth :)
  • In_a_quandary_2
    Options
    Yup, this has been the case at Alton Towers for years now- I've bought next day tickets without even having the right number of current tickets in hand before when the (large) party got seperated by the end of the day.
  • QuincyBella
    QuincyBella Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    mum26 wrote: »
    Yes you can, we used 2 for 1 vouchers on Tuesday and we're able to buy the towers2 tickets for the next day for £9.60 each, hth :)

Fantastic, thanks! Am now hoping that there will be a half price AT ticket promo prior to October. Loads of 2for1 offers but I need a half price one for our fifth person! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure