How would you find this out

Options
I have seen on some posts about excuses for not paying, that the buyer is claiming to ‘have been in hospital and unable to use ebay’. The seller has pointed out that they have bought several other items – sometimes quite specific details of those items – during the time that they claim to have been in hospital so why could the buyer not pay the seller?

My question is, how can the seller know this? If it was items sold or listed I can understand, but not what another ebayer has bought.

Many thanks for any answers.

Comments

• 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    a bit of simple feedback looking at the buyers feedback, I would imagine
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They might be looking under the "feedback left for others" tab. It doesn't tell you when they bought the item, but it does tell you when they left the feedback and I have seen the exact over-used but seldom true "hospital" excuse you describe.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • jay56
    jay56 Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2014 at 3:05PM
    Options
    Go to My Ebay > At bottom of page in tiny print,click on 'Site Map' > Under 'Connect' (near top right of page) click on 'Find a Member' > Click on 'By Bidder' and put the Ebay name in the box. Will list everything the Ebayer has recently bid on or purchased,with the exact time.:beer:
  • Ineedaservant
    Options
    Ah, yes I see now. If they were able to leave feedback while 'in hospital' they must have had access to ebay.

Just scrolled down and seen Jay56 answer - I have now learned something new.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure