Wow - speedy eBay customer service!!!

Options
Someone left me 2 feedbacks for the items they bought - one was negative, one positive but both giving the same postive comments.

I contacted the buyer who said sorry, she did not realise she had left it (I was fine about it, realised it was a mistake) and we tried to sort it out but couldn'the remove feedback links were all leading to dead ends - and then dropped an email over to ebay to ask removing the feedback and about the defect issue.

In the meantime I was still talking to the seller but we could not work out how to get the Feedback removed so I contacted Live Help and they removed it for me. All sorted.

Today - 8 weeks on - I get this email:

Hello [Name],

My name is Alice, from eBay Customer Service and I am contacting you with regard to the feedback left by the buyer “xxx” who purchased xx (Item xx) from you. Please allow me to remind you what happened and to ensure that your concern about the feedback left by this particular buyer has been resolved.

First of all, I would like to appreciate your prompt response and effort in clarifying your concern with us. I know this has been a difficult situation for you to be in and I really want to help you resolve this matter as soon as possible. You’re a valued member, and we want you to enjoy shopping on eBay. We are glad that you choose us as your online marketplace and we still look forward to do business with you.

[Name], I’ve carefully reviewed your account and I am glad to inform you that I have seen that the feedback has already been successfully removed and your scores will be recalculated on your next evaluation period.

The professional manner in which you have handled yourself in this situation is most commendable. I couldn't agree more that this couldn't have been easier and we sincerely want to express our gratitude for your professionalism and courtesy in this transaction.

Once again, thank you for choosing eBay. I’m glad I could resolve your case today, you may receive an email survey for this contact and I would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to let us know what you think about the service you received from me today.

Kind regards,

Alice Anderson
eBay Customer Service

8 weeks to reply. Bring on the 'survey'.

Comments

• charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Funny how Ebay are really keen for you to complete their survey when the outcome has been positive for you. Maybe it's a coincidence that I don't get a survey when they refuse to help.

I'm about to do battle with them over a low star for item as desribed, brand new in it's packet so don't understand. Assume I will get the standard reply of "it's the customer's opinion"

The latest survey I completed started with "How likely are you to recommend selling on Ebay" That got a big fat zero !
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Funny how Ebay are really keen for you to complete their survey when the outcome has been positive for you. Maybe it's a coincidence that I don't get a survey when they refuse to help.
    I've had a few surveys when the response has been poor. I filled them in negatively. I'd assume they just ignore them given that their customer service has barely improved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure