Open an INR - Query

Options
Hi
I purchased an item on 4 June 2014 which I've not yet received.

I have messaged the seller who suggested that I contact our local delivery office which I've done and it's not there. The problem is that I can't open an INR. It states the earliest day I can open it is 4 JULY.

Surely there must be a glitch!
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Comments

• campdave
    campdave Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    What's the estimated delivery date? Some sellers have bumped their dispatch time up to 30 days to protect against INR claims.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It states no estimate available.

In the actual listing it states estimated delivery time varies. Seller despatches within 3 days of after receiving cleared payment.
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Grimbal
    Grimbal Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just to check: it's a UK seller you bought from ?
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes it's a UK seller
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you are outside the delivery estimate by a fair way and if the seller isn't responding further, then you can always open a case in Paypal.
  • alykatz
    alykatz Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 26 June 2014 at 5:19PM
    Options
    campdave wrote: »
    What's the estimated delivery date? Some sellers have bumped their dispatch time up to 30 days to protect against INR claims.
    Ive probably got the wrong end of the stick here , but if they do that then wouldn`t the buyer end up being out of the 30 day time limit to make an inr claim?
    I know you can go through paypal, but not everyone knows about that tbh.
  • sequence
    sequence Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    Options
    alykatz wrote: »
    Ive probably got the wrong end of the stick here , but if they do that then wouldn`t the buyer end up being out of the 30 day time limit to make an inr claim?
    I know you can go through paypal, but not everyone knows about that tbh.

Ebay recently changed so that you can open a case for 30 days after the delivery estimate. So the dispatch time shouldn't make any real difference to your ability to open a case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure