Rip Off Ebay!

Options
Ok, So I sell an item to a buyer, and then proceed to post it forgetting he has paid for recorded shipping, buyer claims item not received and so I resend another item remembering this time the recorded label, the buyer received it and then decides that its not as described and wants to send it back. Not a problem at all.

His description of the item is that has damage to the top, and is missing one piece. I say fine send it back and I will refund you.

He sends it back today, it has all the parts as pictured, no damage to the top, fine I will issue a refund but something made me check it was working, which surprise surprise it wasnt..

Upon further investigation, the brass pinion gear which I fitted to the train I sent out, is now aluminium and spins freely, the quality white grease is now 3 in 1 handy oil and this is not the same train I sent out.

Now under ebays seller protection program - it states the following:
The buyer returned a different item than the one I sent. What do I do?
If the buyer returns a different item, or the same item but in worse condition, you should appeal to eBay immediately. We will review the case, and if we find in your favour we will repay you any funds which have been reversed from your account and record the incident on the buyer’s record.

I have provided ebay pictures of the item I sent out, and what I have received but they do not want to get involved instead telling me I need to go via the police.They asked me to send pictures to them via email (which bounced) and yet upon reviewing the images they (didnt) receive they cant find any wrong doing!

NLID
can you confirm receipt of the pictures?

Jeff Prince 15:35:43
I'm afraid that upon checking the pictures I can see that still it doesn't prove your appeal.

NLID 15:36:07
yyou have not checked the pictures though

Jeff Prince 15:36:25
I have checked the pictures that you've sent us.

NLID 15:36:28
ive just had a undeliverable reply on the pictures

NLID 15:36:44
the emial bounced back

NLID 15:37:13
undeliverable... meaning it has not arrived! unless your mail server is accepting mail it says its refused

Jeff Prince 15:37:18
However, I can see email here from my end.

Jeff Prince 15:37:43
I can see that the document send is in here.

Jeff Prince 15:38:27
Please understand that I cannot assist you any further as I’ve already given you all the information and available options to address the issue while referring to our existing policies. If there isn't anything else that I may help you with, I'm afraid that I will now be closing this session. Thank you for using eBay Live Help.

How can I get them to actually look into this rather than just try to fob me off..
£4142.49/ £131,795.91 - 3.14% paid off or only £129,608.80 to go!
Debt free by Xmas 2015: #182 £1955.38/£4435.51 (44.08%)
MFW: Opening Balance: £108,297.91 Original MF Date: June 2042
Current Balance: £106600.27 Estimated MF Date: Dec 2033
Proud to be dealing with my debts

Comments

• Irn-Bru-Kid
    Irn-Bru-Kid Posts: 614 Forumite
    Options
    Call eBay. Live chat are of no use whatsoever.

Keep calling until you get an Irish accent, explain, ask them to look at the pictures and take it from there.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A last resort would be court action against the buyer, sending them a "letter before action" to return the correct item.

I'd PHONE ebay first though.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    Try phoning them
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    A last resort would be court action against the buyer, sending them a "letter before action" to return the correct item.

I'd PHONE ebay first though.
    That's probably all that can be done. Even pictures don't prove anything, you could very well have two of the same item and taking pictures of the other one. It's not Ebay ripping you off, it's the buyer.

Ebay may give an ex gratia payment if you carry on pursuing them but it's unlikely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure