We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Something For Ear Wax?

Options
I know I can't ask for advice on medical conditions, but I have a noise in my ear that sounds like ear wax, or some kind of mositure moving around quite far down and it's really annoying me, as when I go to clean my ear, nothing changes, and i'm not pushing anything too deep into my ear

Could someone please recommend an ear wax remover that is easy to use and as cheap as possible, so I can sort it out or discount it, before I start to panic as to what it may be!

Thanks!

Comments

• seraphin_2
    seraphin_2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    I would get it checked at the docs before you start using anything. But I have been told that warmed olive oil lossens ear wax.

sarah
    :j mseswgwa:j
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, olive oil - leave a teaspoon in a cup of hot water, then pour the oil into the teaspoon (so it heats) then pour into the ear - suggest you get someone else to do this.
    Stay laid on your side for a while then pop some tissue or cotton wool in to prevent it all trickling out.
  • Valley's_girl
    Options
    I agree olive oil will do the trick!
    Ally xx
    Official DMP Mutual Support Club Member No 30
  • Miroslav
    Miroslav Posts: 6,193 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks all. Will try olive oil.

May have to go to Doctor's as it doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes, so may be something else
  • gibby
    gibby Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    have you tried CITRICIDAL?

its grapfruit seed extract and comes in a little bottle for about £6

its anti fungal, antibiotic and natural

simply add it to a little warm water or olive oil and & it will kill any bacteria or fingus in your ear and losen wax

you can also add it to water or juice to kill off infections that you would normally use antibiotics for - but will not damage your immune system

it can also be used against athletes foot, throat infections & help colds, flu, allergies. dilute it to use against cuts & many other things

it can also be use as an antibacterian cleaner with no chemicals and for many other uses

it can be found in all good health food shops

G
    never take advice from broke or unsuccessful people

Jim Rohn
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We bought Boots own earwax remover. When DH went to the doctor to get his ears syringed the nurse said the remover had done a good job of loosening some very hard compacted wax and if he had continued with it, it would have all come out. (Syringeing was quicker and easier as he wears a hearing aid)
  • Miroslav
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gibby wrote: »
    have you tried CITRICIDAL?

its grapfruit seed extract and comes in a little bottle for about £6

its anti fungal, antibiotic and natural

simply add it to a little warm water or olive oil and & it will kill any bacteria or fingus in your ear and losen wax

you can also add it to water or juice to kill off infections that you would normally use antibiotics for - but will not damage your immune system

it can also be used against athletes foot, throat infections & help colds, flu, allergies. dilute it to use against cuts & many other things

it can also be use as an antibacterian cleaner with no chemicals and for many other uses

it can be found in all good health food shops

G

Sounds interesting, will take a closer look at it, thanks
  • Miroslav
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lolly5648 wrote: »
    We bought Boots own earwax remover. When DH went to the doctor to get his ears syringed the nurse said the remover had done a good job of loosening some very hard compacted wax and if he had continued with it, it would have all come out. (Syringeing was quicker and easier as he wears a hearing aid)

Thanks. Will take a look at this one too
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    _Andy_ wrote: »
    Yep, olive oil - leave a teaspoon in a cup of hot water, then pour the oil into the teaspoon (so it heats) then pour into the ear - suggest you get someone else to do this.
    Stay laid on your side for a while then pop some tissue or cotton wool in to prevent it all trickling out.

Might give this a go next time I need mine doing. Cheers.

Stebiz
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • cannylass_2
    cannylass_2 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    _Andy_ wrote: »

excellent suggestion, but can i just add that the cotton wool tends to "wick" the oil away from the wax, thus preventing the softening, so would suggest not doing this but remaining on your side for at least 10 mins.:D
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most..... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport