IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Highview Parking

Options
2»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Jd1411 wrote: »
    Thank you.

This is my thread. See above.

Oh, sorry, SpecSavers' appointment needed!

You could write to DRP, stating the debt is denied and must be returned to their client as you will not be paying anything to DRP. Any further correspondence from them will be regarded as harassment and you will be taking appropriate legal action should they continue.

In terms of your credit rating, please read the following:

1. You go to court
    2. You lose your case
    3. The Judge awards costs against you
    4. You have 28 days to pay up
    5. You fail/forget/refuse to pay the costs awarded against you
    6. You receive CCJ
    7. Credit rating qualified
    8. Potential problems getting credit in future.

A few long steps away from you, and Highview don't do court.

Most recent 18-month detail of PPCs 'doing court'.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/179544/response/444525/attach/3/A%20FINAL%20REPLY%20TO%20LEWIS%2085865.doc

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/205660/response/510306/attach/3/AA%20REPLY%20TO%20Craig%20Lewis%2090006%203.doc
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Or email Highview to complain they haven't called their dogs off and if they don't, you will report them to the DVLA and BPA within a week.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Dublindel wrote: »
    Go back to the page that shows £0 outstanding and do a screen grab. Then phone DR+ and tell them to do one.
    NEVER phone a PPC or one of their fake debt collectors, even when it's as clear cut as this. They will only turn it round against you, be rude, aggressive, etc. It's just not worth it. Keep everything in writing.
  • Jd1411
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I called Highview and they were surprisingly apologetic. I've emailed their appeals dept who are going to send me a new copy of the cancellation letter.

I hope this will be enough to end this. The DR+ letter advised that if I didn't pay by 21/11 they would be forwarding the case to a solicitor.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The DR+ letter advised that if I didn't pay by 21/11 they would be forwarding the case to a solicitor.

Total bluff!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family