We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Electoral roll

Hi,
I moved into a new house last year. Among the many things to do is to notify the council for electoral registration etc. I done this and they confirm this with a letter. My credit file however still showed that I wasn't on any register. I have spoke to the council who say I am on the register but noddle say I ain't. Who do I need to speak to? Noddle or council?
I moved in October and got my confirmation of entry soon after January.

I have emailed noddle who are ridiculously slow and still claim I ain't on any electoral register!
I pay the £30 a year for noddle and am trying to rebuild my record. I now have no defaults or ccj but now no electoral roll!

Anyone else had this problem or any advice is welcome.

Thanks
MrA

Comments

  • If you have a letter confirming your registration in January, by this time all CRAs should have received your registration. Do you live in quite a tricky address? It may be the that the council have provided the reference agencies with an address that is slightly different to how you normally write it. In any event, I would order a statutory report from Equifax or Experian. If the registration does not show, email them and they will look at what has come from the council.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.