PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Top tips for Caravan Holiday

Options

Comments

• gayle1
    gayle1 Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how do u manage to order online before you go?
  • Mummy+2
    Mummy+2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

Think I am going to get most of the food before I go, it's only a 2 hour journy at most so as long as I ice pack & cool bag we should be ok. Might freeze things like milk and juice to help keep them cool until we get there?
    LBM - DFW Jan 2010
    Debt 1 13680/15000 -- Debt 2 0/4800
    Weight loss 23.5/76lbs
    NSD 2014 5/30 -- Savings 2014 2130/4260
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #173 - £8.10
    Sealed Pot Challenge #395
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,666 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are you in the car on your own or with a driver?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Mummy+2
    Mummy+2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just me and the kids, it'll be the longest drive I've done at around 2 hours. Going to borrow a sat nav!
    LBM - DFW Jan 2010
    Debt 1 13680/15000 -- Debt 2 0/4800
    Weight loss 23.5/76lbs
    NSD 2014 5/30 -- Savings 2014 2130/4260
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #173 - £8.10
    Sealed Pot Challenge #395
  • cassieclaire
    Options
    Hi. Don't forget washing up liquid, dish cloth, tea towel, matches and toilet rolls. Have a great time.
  • nuttyp
    nuttyp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Options
    We use to go and take a plastic box filled with things like tomato sauce and tins of beans and hot dogs. A roll of kitchen roll, cheap foil to wrap things in. We took some bread and butter out and 'made' chip butties at the beachside.
    Buy some glowsticks from poundland, these are very expensive at the kids shop at haven.
    They usually do a fancy dress competition, think of some ideas before you go and make one!! we made a little mermaid one year and she won. Far more exciting than buying one.
    There are tvs in the caravan but maybe take some paper, crayons for any times that aren't as nice.

Most children want to go to the club house at night, sneak them a juice drink in your bag, that way you only need to buy yourself a small glass of something, remember to get them to go to the toilet with you, something I insisted on as everyone is a stranger.

Have a lovely time x
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • atolaas
    atolaas Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi. Don't forget washing up liquid, dish cloth, tea towel, matches and toilet rolls. Have a great time.

Would also add kitchen roll & hand towel for the bathroom to the list...we've just come back from a long weekend away at a caravan park with a 3 year old. We took as much cooked food as possible with us. Cold sausage sandwiches always remind me of summers spent caravaning by the coast as a child.
    SPC7 ~ Member#390 ~ £432.45 declared :j
    Re-joined SW 9 Feb 2015 1 stone lost so far

Her Serene Highness the Princess Atolaas of the Alphabetty Thread as appointed by Queen Upsidedown Bear
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Mummy+2 wrote: »

Think I am going to get most of the food before I go, it's only a 2 hour journy at most so as long as I ice pack & cool bag we should be ok. Might freeze things like milk and juice to help keep them cool until we get there?

The fridges are small and tend to only have a tiny ice box, so don't take too much stuff that needs freezing.

In addition to the washing up bits mentioned above, don't forget to take tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, cooking oil and other such cupboard stock type items that you use daily, but would not want to buy a whole new one of at your destination.

Also take a small towel or bath mat for the shower area.

And if you are going to be arriving earlier than the check in time, keep swimming stuff separate so you can use the pool when you get to the park.

And take swimming googles if your littlie uses them, and a blow up beach ball from home - saves on buying new ones ;o)
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I used to make a casserole to freeze ahead of going away in a dish which did us for second day dinner, cook a chicken and piece of ham to have with salad on first day, ham would keep in fridge for sandwiches. We had a couple of small charcoal bbqs which we took to the beach to cook sausages, burgers and baked spuds.

Miss the family being children sometimes, we had some wonderful, cheap holidays even when we had to rent a house to have enough space.

Have a great holday Mummy +2.

Ma rie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Take a fourway extension, as there are never enough sockets. A fan if you have one, fly spray or insect repellant, your own tin opener, scissors, bin bags, a decent knife (Kitchen) and depending on the age of your children, a babygate for the main entrance.

Above all, have a wonderful time. ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories