Lost Balance Transfer Fee

I have a credit card which has a balance transfer, I have another card which I am actively using. I paid for a holiday on my active one however the transaction failed, I then had a call from the bank checking it was me as the amount was around £3,000. I confirmed it was. I tried to pay again however was still refused even though had verified my ID over the phone so.... I had to use my one with the balance transfer card else loose the holiday. Had my statement and because I purchased on it have lost my interest free, would you complain to card that forced me to use other?

Comments

• Stooz
    Stooz Posts: 11 Forumite
    Yes it is worth complaining, however you may not get very far.
    Also the BT card should charge interest at the highest rate first due a change in the law a while back. So you BT should still be running, but you are now being charged interest on the £3000 purchase.
    I would argue the 56 day no interest period, but I guess thats void due to the existing balance.

Howver if you BT from your other card or pay it off, your interest rate should return to 0%. Ring the BT company to confirm that as well.

effectively, you arent paying any more interest than if you had used your spending card anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure