Advice Please

Options
Hi All

Since the beginning of April my job has changed immensely with the volume decreasing massively whilst being offshore to Bangalore. After a week of this and with no communication my own manager advised me to contact HR as he was being excluded from information too (he's since been made redundant). I emailed our local HR person on the 8th April and gave all the information I had and asked 2 questions - was my role in jeopardy and if so was I at risk. She came back and said she didn't know and that I should speak to my manager...arghhh! Since that time I've pushed and pushed for answers and today I have finally been invited to a meeting next week as it would appear that I'm 'at risk'.

The problem I have is that I've been offered another job and I want to take it and although my notice period is 3 months we are all hoping that I can start at the beginning of August (my manager has already said that he'll facilitate this for me). I haven't handed my notice in yet as I haven't received my written offer or contract.

If I'm told, which I think I will be, that my role is redundant can I rightfully claim that my notice started on the 8th April when I originally asked the question? Can they insist that I work my notice in order to get my redundancy even though that might mean I can't accept the other role?

All of this is giving me a headache!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport